Audio Note 0.22uF 600Vdc, Silver Foil, Mylar Film Signal Capacitor (Copper Case/Silver Litz leads), 35mmD x 42mmL
Our silver foil capacitors use a fine Mylar film instead of a paper in oil dielectric, which we have found to be the best compromise between sound and reliability. Those of you who have tried these copper encased silver foil signal capacitors can confirm the fact that the new Audio Note (UK)™ silver caps are better than anything else available, no mean feat when you also look at the prices. The only possible improvement over the Audio Note (UK)™ silver signal capacitor is an interstage transformer, which removes the need for a coupling cap altogether!
Our specially made Mylar/oil caps have an immediacy, life, colour, lack of harshness and evenness of dynamic behaviour across the frequency range (or as we prefer to call it, the harmonic envelope), which is guaranteed to brighten up your day! Recommended as replacements in old and new valve amplifiers alike (and even in the odd transistor amplifier), and the finest possible choice for DIY projects.
In line with the best environmental standards, all Audio Note™ oil filled Mylar capacitors contain only non-toxic, biodegradable vegetable oil. The Mylar dielectric enhances longevity and sound quality, to ensure optimum performance in all areas.
These capacitors are very heavy and should be mounted with suitable care to prevent the lead out wires breaking in transport.
- New Oil + Mylar Dielectric Build: Audio Note has improved the sound quality and reliability of their film capacitors by upgrading from paper-in-oil to oil + mylar. Allow some time for these caps to run in and voila! Better sound.
- A 99.99% pure silver foil built for audiophiles who demand immediacy, life and colour in their music.
- 20 strand silver litz leadouts that reduce skin effect and proximity effect, giving DIYers supreme conductivity.
- Non-magnetic copper case provides ultra-low induction.
- Fine mylar dielectric for improved reliability.
- Filled with non-toxic, biodegradable vegetable oil for fewer air gaps, decreased resonances and cleaner sound.